Pastel Gelatin Salad
In Santee, California, Teresa Ries tops her gelatin salad with pretty pastel mini marshmallow to add color to holiday menus. With its creamy lemon-lime base and tangy pineapple flavor, it's a tasty accompaniment to any meal.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) pastel miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine lemon and lime gelatin with boiling water;
- stir until dissolved. Add cream cheese; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Beat on high speed until smooth. Stir in milk and mayonnaise. Fold
- in pineapple.
- Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Sprinkle with nuts and
- marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate until set. Yield: 12-15