Party Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 4 cups milk
- 7 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 8 cups (32 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly; set aside.
- 2. Combine the potatoes, onions, cheese, remaining salt and pepper. Place a third of the mixture in a greased 5-qt. baking dish; top with a third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 2-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 16 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Party Potatoes Au Gratin
"At first, the sauce looked like gravy served with chicken-fried steak, but looks can be deceiving. This was the yummiest, creamiest, and most buttered gratin dish I have made. Yummy! Thank you!"