Put a new delicious spin on nachos! Simple to make, these are ideal for most any party or a fun night in with family. Consider a build-your-own nacho bar so guests can choose their toppings. Mike Tchou - Pepper Pike, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 package (12-1/2 ounces) nacho tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1/4 cup pickled pepper rings, optional
- Heat pork according to package directions. Place tortilla chips on a
- large microwave-safe serving plate. Layer with pork and cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Top with sour cream, salsa, lettuce and onions. Sprinkle
- with olives and pepper rings if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without olives and pepper rings) equals 312 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.