Parmesan Peas 'n' Rice Recipe
Parmesan Peas ’n’ Rice are a wonderful complement for any meal. My husband, John, likes rice but isn’t crazy about peas, and I’m just the opposite. It's a great compromise!
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute rice and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in broth and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add peas; cover and cook 5-6 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 221 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC