- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, saute rice and onion in butter until onion is tender. Stir in broth and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add peas; cover and cook 5-6 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Stir in cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forParmesan Peas 'n' Rice
"I served this with sweet and sour pork chops, and it was an excellent side dish. The flavor is good, without overpowering the main dish. I used whole grain brown rice, which worked just fine. It doesn't get as fluffy, so I just poured off the remaining broth when it was done."
"sorry, that was one full cup of brown rice with 2 1/2 c water."
"this is really good. I substituted with brown rice, and doubled the recipe. My husband is a hearty eater. I used a whole bunch (one bundle) of green onion. 1 can of broth and enough water to make 2 1/2 c water for the brown rice (cooks longer). I used fresh grated cheese in a package. (not the canned kind)"