Par-Cheesy Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound frozen bread dough
- 4 thin slices salami
- 1 to 2 medium onions
- 1 to 2 large sweet red peppers
- 3/4 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 to 6 pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
- 1. Thaw dough according to package directions. Cut the salami into 2-1/2-in. rounds. Cut onions and red peppers into 2-in. x 1/2-in. strips.
- 2. On a lightly greased baking sheet, roll dough into a 12-in. square. Spread with pizza sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Arrange the salami, onion and pepper over top to resemble a Parcheesi board.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Top with olives. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 350 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.