Pan-Fried Chicken Athena Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°; remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chives and parsley. Spoon over chicken and serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 240 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.