- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Lemon wedges
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chives and parsley. Spoon over chicken and serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPan-Fried Chicken Athena
"So delicious! I would double the sauce next time. We didn't have any leftovers which is unusual for my bunch. The boys asked me to put this into our regular rotation."
"easy recipe, but did not care for the sauce."
"Very good dish. I took the advice of other reviewers and doubled the sauce. chicken turned out very tender and juicy,"
"This is delicious but you do need to double all of the ingredients for the sauce. My whole family including the kids love this recipe. It is a regular in our house."
"We made this the other night and it was delicious. Because it is only my husband and I, we only used two chicken breast halves but we kept the sauce recipe as us. We had enough sauce for the two of us but if we made it for more people we'd double the sauce. This recipe will be added into the dinner time rotation."
"To tangy for my liking and there didnt seem to be enough sauce, we only had enough for maybe a tsp per breast?"