Overnight Orange French Toast Recipe
Kristy Martin of Circle Pine, Minnesota uses leftover slices of cinnamon bread in creating this awesome overnight brunch dish. With a hint of orange flavor, it's a special way to wake up the taste buds of weekend guests.
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 thick slices cinnamon bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture; let soak for 5 minutes. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Uncover; drizzle with butter. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until browned. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 230 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 182 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC