Kristy Martin of Circle Pine, Minnesota uses leftover slices of cinnamon bread in creating this awesome overnight brunch dish. With a hint of orange flavor, it's a special way to wake up the taste buds of weekend guests.
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 8 thick slices cinnamon bread
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Dip both sides of bread into egg mixture; let soak for 5 minutes. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover; drizzle with butter. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange French Toast in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p42