Overnight Egg Casserole
When I know I'm going to have company for breakfast, this is the dish I serve. Because you prepare it the night before, all you have to do is pop it in the oven and you're free to make the juice and toast.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage or Italian sausage
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle
- with cheese; set aside. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat
- until no longer pink; drain. Crumble sausage over the cheese and
- bread. Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, soup and broth; pour over
- sausage. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 2-3 hours
- before baking.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or just until set. Let
- stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 526 calories, 38 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 194 mg cholesterol, 1,134 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.