This is my go-to breakfast dish when hosting overnight guests for the holidays. Because you prepare it the night before, all you have to do is pop it in the oven in the morning. —LaVonne Propst, Sweet Home, Oregon
Featured In: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage or Italian sausage
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; set aside. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Crumble sausage over the cheese and bread. Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, soup and broth; pour over sausage. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 2-3 hours before baking.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or just until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Egg Casserole in Country December/January 1993, p49
Reviews forOvernight Egg Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2017
"There appears to be a lot missing from this recipe. Very bland!!!!"