- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage or Italian sausage
- 4 large eggs
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; set aside. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Crumble sausage over the cheese and bread. Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, soup and broth; pour over sausage. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 2-3 hours before baking.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or just until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forOvernight Egg Casserole
"I used hot sausage, and added seasonings ... thyme, Mrs. Dash Table Blend, black pepper, and Morton Season All Seasoned Salt. I thought it was pretty tasty. It will be fun to play around with the recipe and make a few other changes.."
"There appears to be a lot missing from this recipe. Very bland!!!!"