Oven-Baked Ribs Recipe
This recipe was developed by a college buddy of mine. Now I make it often for family and friends. The sweet-hot sauce has a unique subtle orange flavor.
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 bottle (28 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2/3 to 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Place ribs in two foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 325° for 2 hours; drain. Cut into serving size portions.
- 2. Place ribs in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Squeeze oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice and the peel. Combine the juice, barbecue sauce, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, pepper sauce and cayenne. Cut orange peel into large chunks and add to sauce; pour sauce over ribs.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, for 30-45 minutes or until ribs are tender and sauce is thickened, turning ribs several times to coat with sauce. Discard orange peel. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (16 ounces) equals 777 calories, 45 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 1,259 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 44 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC