- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 bottle (28 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2/3 to 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a large kettle or Dutch oven. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes; drain. Place ribs in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Squeeze oranges, reserving 1/2 cup juice and the peel. Combine juice, barbecue sauce, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, hot pepper sauce and cayenne; mix well. Cut orange peel into large chunks and add to sauce; pour sauce over ribs. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 30-45 minutes longer or until ribs are tender and sauce is thickened, turning ribs several times to coat with sauce. Remove orange peel. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forOven-Baked Ribs
"So easy and so good! I try to avoid cooking with ONLY barbeque sauce, so this was a nice change. I didn't have any oranges on hand, so just used orange juice but it still tasted great. Will definitely make again."
"I made this recipe exactly as written - - no change necessary!"
"My husband's birthday is July 3rd. Every year he wants ribs for his birthday dinner. He was very skeptical when I decided to try a new recipe for HIS ribs! They were so delicious! He wants THESE ribs again next year! YUMMY!"
"these are the best ribs ive ever made we didnt have oranges so i used just orange juice it was still perfect!"