Outrageous Peanut Butter Sauce Recipe
I developed this thick and creamy sauce in an attempt to re-create a peanut butter topping we had at a restaurant. Served over any kind of ice cream, it's to die for!—Mary Long, Amherst, Virginia
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Nutrageous candy bar (3.4 ounces), finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; fold in candy. Transfer to jars. Cover and store in a cool dark place for up to 4 weeks.
- 2. To serve, cook and stir in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until heated through. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 173 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Outrageous Peanut Butter Sauce
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2013
"Better than Dairy Queen!!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC