Outrageous Peanut Butter Sauce Recipe
I developed this thick and creamy sauce in an attempt to re-create a peanut butter topping we had at a restaurant. Served over any kind of ice cream, it's to die for!—Mary Long, Amherst, Virginia
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Nutrageous candy bar (3.4 ounces), finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; fold in candy. Transfer to jars. Cover and store in a cool dark place for up to 4 weeks.
- 2. To serve, cook and stir in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until heated through. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 173 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Outrageous Peanut Butter Sauce
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2013
"Better than Dairy Queen!!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC