Out-Of-This-World Cupcakes Recipe
These are a cinch to bake-and even more fun to decorate! Our Test Kitchen staff turned out a pair of not-so-scary aliens, but you can let your imagination run wild and create critters, princesses, trains...the sky's the limit. Or save the decorating fun for a party activity, and let the kids top their cakes any way they want.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Paste food coloring of your choice, optional
- Decorating gel
- Assorted toppings: sprinkles, sour straws and licorice
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions for cupcakes.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Tint frosting with food coloring of choice. Frost cupcakes and decorate as desired with decorating gel and assorted toppings. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC