Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe
With this recipe from Ron Gardner of Grand Haven, Michigan, you can enjoy two moist loaves of bread that are packed with the zesty taste of cranberries and orange peel. TIP: “I suggest serving slices toasted with butter or cream cheese,” Ron recommends.
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the cranberries and apple.
Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 98 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC