Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk the egg, milk, orange juice, oil and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in the cranberries and apple.
Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 98 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Orange Cranberry Bread
"The combination of sweet and tart in this recipe is amazingly wonderful. I used Splenda for baking and Carbmaster fat free milk in place of the sugars and 2% milk because I'm on Weightwatchers, and used self-rising flour with a little added baking powder because that's what I had on hand. Turned out amazing! I'll definitely save this recipe and make it again."
"I halved the recipe since I didn't need quite so much, but accidentally didn't halve the amount of apple called for and this still turned out fantastic! I also used an entire bag of fresh cranberries chopped finely. These were a hit!"
"WOW, this is best orange cranberry bread ever! I used walnuts inplace of the apples and added an extra 1/4 cup OJ and used dried cranberriesand it was simply delicious!"
"Best cranberry bread I ever made. Great with butter, ice cream, Cool Whip or cream cheese."
"you"ve got a Winner here. Very Good! It`s nice to know us men can cook to. Great Job!"
"Great with whole wheat flour. Skim milk worked fine.~ Theresa"
"I've been making this recipe for over 45 years and it's still one of my familys favorites during the holidays with a cup of tea or coffee."
"i made this during Christmas time and it is really good!!!!"