Orange Chicken Stir-Fry
My husband loves this stir-fry, so we have it quite often. I'm delighted with the ingredients as we have six orange trees in our backyard.
-Bunny Bronson, Lake Placid, Florida
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet or wok, cook the chicken and onions in oil until chicken
- is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, orange juice, soy sauce and
- ginger until smooth. Pour over chicken mixture. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice. Top
- with the orange segments, walnuts and parsley. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.