Open-Faced Texas Burgers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2/3 pound ground beef
- 2 slices frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon A.1. steak sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onion, garlic, thyme and 1/2 cup cheese. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two oval patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook burgers over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, prepare Texas toast according to package directions.
- 3. Drain burgers; set aside and keep warm. Add the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and steak sauce to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return burgers to skillet; turn to coat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve burgers on toast. Yield: 2 servings.
1 burger equals 614 calories, 36 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 939 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Open-Faced Texas Burgers
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.