Onion Tart Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onions in oil until tender; cool. In a food processor, combine the eggs, feta cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg and hot pepper sauce; cover and process until smooth. Gradually add cream and milk; process until blended.
- 3. Brush the inside of crust with mustard. Sprinkle the green onions, chives and sauteed onions over crust. Carefully pour egg mixture over onions. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 361 calories, 23g fat (10g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 627mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Onion Tart
"10 out of 10 score!!! Great breakfast meal. I didn't have feta so I used 1/2 cup of Gorgonzola cheese. AMAZING!!!!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.