Onion-Garlic Bubble Bread
"I've relied on this bread recipe often over the years," relates Charlene Bzdok of Little Falls, Minnesota. Frozen dough hurries along the golden pull-apart loaf. "It's wonderful with Italian dishes, especially spaghetti and lasagna," she says.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Divide dough into 24 pieces. In a small bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients. Dip each piece of dough into butter mixture; place in a
- 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise
- in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 loaf (24 pieces).
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 each) equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.