Onion-Garlic Bubble Bread Recipe
"I've relied on this bread recipe often over the years," relates Charlene Bzdok of Little Falls, Minnesota. Frozen dough hurries along the golden pull-apart loaf. "It's wonderful with Italian dishes, especially spaghetti and lasagna," she says.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients.
- 2. Divide dough into 24 pieces. Dip each piece in onion mixture; place in a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. If desired, serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 1 loaf (12 servings).
2 pieces equals 177 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC