One Dish Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1/2-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 pound or 1 jar (16 ounces) small whole onions, drained
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 6 to 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, place 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper; add pork chops. Seal bag; toss to coat. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown chops in butter on both sides. Remove pork chops; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Stir remaining flour into pan drippings until blended. Gradually whisk in apple juice. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Return chops to pan; add the potatoes, onions and carrots. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 4. Top with cabbage; cover and bake for 50-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender, basting occasionally with juices. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 464 calories, 24g fat (0g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 19g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2 meat, 2 vegetable, 2-1/2 fat
Reviews for One Dish Pork Chop Dinner
"Definetly liked this recipe. Enough food for leftovers as well."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer