One Dish Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1/2-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 pound or 1 jar (16 ounces) small whole onions, drained
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 6 to 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, place 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper; add pork chops. Seal bag; toss to coat. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown chops in butter on both sides. Remove pork chops; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Stir remaining flour into pan drippings until blended. Gradually whisk in apple juice. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Return chops to pan; add the potatoes, onions and carrots. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 4. Top with cabbage; cover and bake for 50-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender, basting occasionally with juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with margarine and without additional salt) equals 2 meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 2-1/2 fat; also, 464 calories, 333 mg sodium, 56 mg cholesterol, 43 gm carbohydrate, 19 gm protein, 24 gm fat.
Reviews for One Dish Pork Chop Dinner
"Definetly liked this recipe. Enough food for leftovers as well."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer