- 8 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups apple juice, divided
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 pound or 1 jar (16 ounces) small whole onions, drained
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 6 to 8 cups shredded cabbage
- Coat pork chops in flour; reserve excess flour. In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown chops on both sides. Season with pepper and salt if desired. Remove and set aside. Stir reserved flour into pan; cook and stir until a paste forms. Gradually whisk in 1-1/2 cups apple juice; blend until smooth. Return chops to Dutch oven; cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Add potatoes, onions, carrots and remaining apple juice. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer. Top with cabbage; cover and bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until the pork chops are tender, basting occasionally with juices. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forOne Dish Pork Chop Dinner
"Definetly liked this recipe. Enough food for leftovers as well."