Old-Fashioned Rhubarb Torte Recipe
Rhubarb is probably one of the hardiest plants, especially in northern states like mine. It has a tart taste to it, which we really enjoy in our family. Every time I've served this torte to someone who's never had it before, I wind up writing out the recipe for them - and it's my pleasure to share it!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, confectioners' sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, beat the eggs, sugar, baking powder and remaining flour. Fold in rhubarb and spread over crust. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 349 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Old-Fashioned Rhubarb Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC