- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- Whipped cream
- In a mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, confectioners' sugar and salt. Cut in butter as for pastry. Pat into a 6-in. x 10-in. baking pan. Bake crust at 375° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs, sugar, remaining flour and baking powder. Fold in rhubarb and spread over baked crust. Return to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forOld-Fashioned Rhubarb Torte
"This is very close to my mom's recipe. It's my favorite thing to do with rhubarb."
"Great recipe. I would probably double the crust, only because I like a thicker crust."
"Delicious! I added 1/2 tsp. cinnamon to the egg mixture. Try it... the added flavor is wonderful. I also served it with ice cream."