Oatmeal Pancakes for Two Recipe
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda and sugar. Combine the egg, buttermilk and butter; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 7 pancakes.
3 each: 471 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Pancakes for Two
"A very tasty pancake, very hearty. I used KAF white whole wheat flour. Turned out great. We liked the texture. Will make again."
"Nice change from the every day pancake recipe. I did add a little more flour to mine (about 1/4 cup), they weren't setting up all the way. Maybe because I used whole wheat flour? Very good recipe though, will definitely make again!"
"This recipe is almost identical to one that my mom makes except the yield is smaller. They have a nice chewy texture from the oatmeal and go great with all kinds of fruit syrups."