Oatmeal Buttermilk Waffles Recipe
Our grandkids visit for a week at a time during school breaks and summer vacations. This recipe gives our morning meals some variety and gets the kids to eat nutritious oatmeal.—Lee Hill-Nelson, Waco, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Peanut butter and/or applesauce, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs and butter; stir into the dry ingredients until smooth. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with peanut butter and/or apple sauce if desired. Yield: 6-8 waffles (6-1/2 inches).
1 serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Buttermilk Waffles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC