Oatmeal Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and milk just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out to 3/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 15 biscuits.
1 serving (1 each) equals 180 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Biscuits
"They are great! Had someone ask for the recipe once she tried them."
"Love these ! A little sweet, but not as sweet as a cookie, but rich and crumbly. I used butter as my shortening - yum."
"These biscuits were great! They were sweet like a cookie but flaky like a biscuit. My family loved them!"