Nutty Chicken Sandwiches
Crushed pineapple gives these chicken salad sandwiches a bit of sweetness, while pecans add a bit of crunch.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, egg, pineapple, mayonnaise,
- salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in pecans. Place spinach on four slices of
- bread; top with chicken salad and remaining bread. Cut each sandwich
- into quarters. Yield: 16 tea sandwiches.