North Carolina Shrimp Saute
Seafood is very popular in my state. I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and I've altered it several times. It is truly a family favorite.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon slices
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp, mushrooms and
- green pepper. Saute until shrimp turn pink, about 3-5 minutes. Add
- garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and
- place on a large serving platter. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle
- with cheese, salt, pepper and parsley. Toss well; garnish with
- lemon. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 472 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 214 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.