North Carolina Shrimp Saute Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces linguine or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Lemon slices
- 1. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp, mushrooms and green pepper. Saute until shrimp turn pink, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place on a large serving platter. Top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, salt, pepper and parsley. Toss well; garnish with lemon. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 472 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 214mg cholesterol, 820mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for North Carolina Shrimp Saute
"Yum, sweet, buttery, salty, all in all delicious! I added an extra clove of garlic and doubled the black pepper."
"I have never made this exact recipe, but do one very similar which I love. I wonder if the amount of green pepper might overpower the delicate taste of shrimp."
"We added a bit more butter to suit our personal taste. FANTASTIC!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.