- 8 ounces uncooked linguine or spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Cook linguini according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and green pepper until tender. Stir in salt and pepper; remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute shrimp in remaining butter over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turns pink, 1-2 minutes. Stir in mushroom mixture; heat through. Serve over linguini. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forNorth Carolina Shrimp Saute
"This recipe was republished in S&D April/May 2108, and being an avid fan of shrimp, I gave it a try. With no sauce, the linguine is a bit dry; the next time I made it, I used orzo instead of the linguine, and thought it was much better. The basic flavors of the shrimp and garlic were more apparent with the orzo."
"Yum, sweet, buttery, salty, all in all delicious! I added an extra clove of garlic and doubled the black pepper."
"I have never made this exact recipe, but do one very similar which I love. I wonder if the amount of green pepper might overpower the delicate taste of shrimp."
"We added a bit more butter to suit our personal taste. FANTASTIC!"