- 8 ounces uncooked linguine or spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Cook linguini according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and green pepper until tender. Stir in salt and pepper; remove from pan.
- In same pan, saute shrimp in remaining butter over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until shrimp turns pink, 1-2 minutes. Stir in mushroom mixture; heat through. Serve over linguini. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forNorth Carolina Shrimp Saute
"Yum, sweet, buttery, salty, all in all delicious! I added an extra clove of garlic and doubled the black pepper."
"I have never made this exact recipe, but do one very similar which I love. I wonder if the amount of green pepper might overpower the delicate taste of shrimp."
"We added a bit more butter to suit our personal taste. FANTASTIC!"