I'm what you'd call a "ballabusta" in the Jewish culture--a woman who is a good homemaker. I make this traditional dish along with other Jewish specialties for an annual Hanukkah/Christmas part with our friends.
Williamsville, New York
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 package (1 pound) egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with
- butter; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, sour cream
- and cottage cheese until well blended. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cracker
- crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm
- or cold. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 432 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.