Noodle Kugel Recipe
I'm what you'd call a "ballabusta" in the Jewish culture--a woman who is a good homemaker. I make this traditional dish along with other Jewish specialties for an annual Hanukkah/Christmas part with our friends. -Lauren Kargen Williamsville, New York
- 1 package (1 pound) egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, sour cream and cottage cheese until well blended. Stir in noodles.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 432 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC