- 1 package (1 pound) egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (16 ounces) small-curd cottage cheese
- 9 cinnamon graham crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, sour cream and cottage cheese until well blended. Stir in the noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forNoodle Kugel
"I had been looking for a non sweet Kugel recipe for a long time!This is a great recipe, but I subbed seasoned breadcrumbs for the graham crackers.. and omitted the sugar.Thank you for sharing! Shalom :)"
"This recipe was made for 1 person. I cut it in half, and it was too much sugar. I didn't put the topping on it because I thought it was too much. I did NOT like this recipe and won't be making it again."
"I have made this a couple of times. It is delicious, but super sweet with all of that sugar. The first time I made it my friend said "this taste more like desert than a dinner dish." This time I cut the sugar back to 3/4 cup and it was still plenty sweet. Next time I think I will only use 1/2 cup."
"WOULD ONE OF YOU GORGEOUS LADIES HAVE THE TIME TO POST THE NOODLE KUGEL RECIPE TO MEMY GANG LOVES IT AND AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A TRIED AND TRUE RECIPE. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH. THIS WILL BE A WONDERFUL SIDE FOR EASTER. AND WHEN WE GO TO THE 5TH WHEEL IN JUNE IT WILL BE FANTASTIC FOR THE POT LUCK TABLE. HAVE A FAB DAY. LOTS OF LOVE HOLEE "
"the addition of one small can of crushed pineapple is wonderful!"
"My family are Italian Jewish and the first time I made this it was a home run. Although I must admit only 3/4 c, sugar was used. But truly fantabulous. Will definitely make it again, again. again and so on. Thank you for delicious"KUGEL"."
"2 cups of sugar?????? That must be a misprint. Most call for 1/2 cup, 1 cup at the very most. You should clarify."