This tasty version of a basic omelet reminds me of my childhood when I'd help my father search for mushrooms in the forest near our home. The caraway seed really enhances the flavor of the mushrooms.
1-2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In an 8-in. skillet, heat butter until it sizzles. Saute mushrooms,
- caraway seeds and lemon-pepper for 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk salt and pepper. Pour over
- mushrooms. Cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting
- uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, fold omelet in
- half. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 181 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 336 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.