This tasty version of a basic omelet reminds me of my childhood when I'd help my father search for mushrooms in the forest near our home. The caraway seed really enhances the flavor of the mushrooms.
Recommended: 37 Easy Breakfast Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In an 8-in. skillet, heat butter until it sizzles. Saute mushrooms, caraway seeds and lemon-pepper for 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk salt and pepper. Pour over mushrooms. Cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, fold omelet in half. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Omelet in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p30