Mushroom Chicken Piccata Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces baby portabello mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-in. thickness. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a platter; keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn mushrooms, add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Add wine. Loosen browned bits from pan bottom. Bring to a boil: stir in broth and bring back to a boil. Slice 4 thin slices from lemon and juice remaining lemon. Add lemon slices and juice to skillet. Stir in capers and continue cooking until mixture thickens. Add chicken to sauce; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC