VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces baby portabello mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-in. thickness. Season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a platter; keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn mushrooms, add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Add wine. Loosen browned bits from pan bottom. Bring to a boil: stir in broth and bring back to a boil. Slice 4 thin slices from lemon and juice remaining lemon. Add lemon slices and juice to skillet. Stir in capers and continue cooking until mixture thickens. Add chicken to sauce; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Chicken Piccata in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2009, p63
Reviews forMushroom Chicken Piccata
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2014
Reviewed May. 15, 2014
"Excellent dish! My husband prepared it and it was delicious!! Definitely a keeper recipe... YUM!"