Mushroom Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and onion. Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread cheese mixture over cut sides.
- 2. Grill, covered, over indirect heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 180 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.