- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and onion. Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread cheese mixture over cut sides.
- Grill, covered, over indirect heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forMushroom Cheese Bread
"This is an amazing recipe. Very tasty and quick to make. We serve it often, either as an appetizer or beside a soup for supper. I usually do about 1 1/2 times the cheese mixture as we like a lot of the gooey, bubbly warm topping. Also it is very good with half mozzerrella, half chedder instead of all mozzarella."
"Absolutely delicious! It didn't last long Christmas eve last year, and I have already had requests to make this year."