When I make this buttery-tasting casserole, my family fights over every last bite. The Swiss cheese provides a different, mild flavor when it melts.—Susan Vetter, Cape Coral, Florida
8-10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large
- skillet, saute mushrooms in 1/4 cup butter for 10-15 minutes or
- until tender.
- Place a third of the noodles in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish;
- sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Layer with
- 1-1/3 cups cheese and a third of the mushrooms. Repeat layers twice.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 439 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.