Mulling Spices Recipe
My mulling blend is a merry combination of sugar and spice and a nice touch of citrus peel. Use it to flavor pancakes or waffles, wines or cider and even as a spice blend for poached apples.—Cindy Fuller, Forest City, North Carolina
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons dried orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. Place all ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.
- 2. Mulling Spices may be used to prepare the following recipes: Holiday Spice Pancakes, Mulled Red Wine and Mulled Wine-Poached Apples. Yield: about 2 cups.
1/4 cup: 215 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Mulling Spices
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC