My mulling blend is a merry combination of sugar and spice and a nice touch of citrus peel. Use it to flavor pancakes or waffles, wines or cider and even as a spice blend for poached apples.—Cindy Fuller, Forest City, North Carolina
Recommended: 40 Homemade Drinks That'll Make You Feel Warm & Cozy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons dried orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year.
- Mulling Spices may be used to prepare the following recipes: Holiday Spice Pancakes, Mulled Red Wine and Mulled Wine-Poached Apples. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Mulling Spices in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p86