Molded Strawberry Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Leaf lettuce and fresh strawberries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add strawberries and pineapple. Strain, reserving liquid and fruit. Set aside 1 cup of the liquid at room temperature.
- 2. Pour fruit and remaining liquid into a 5-cup ring mold or 9-in. square pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- 3. Whisk sour cream and reserved liquid; pour over top of gelatin. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- 4. Cut into squares and place on individual plates; or unmold onto a serving platter. Garnish with lettuce and strawberries if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 182 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Molded Strawberry Salad
"I really liked this. My husband does not like jello salads and liked this one. So it was a win."
"This jello salad is very good. It's festive for the holidays. I also added 2 bananas, sliced thin in with the pineapple and strawberries.."