- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Leaf lettuce and fresh strawberries, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add strawberries and pineapple. Strain, reserving liquid and fruit. Set aside 1 cup of the liquid at room temperature. Pour fruit and remaining liquid into a 5-cup mold or 9-in. square pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Whisk sour cream and reserved liquid; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares and place on individual plates; or unmold onto a serving platter. Garnish with lettuce and strawberries if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMolded Strawberry Salad
"I really liked this. My husband does not like jello salads and liked this one. So it was a win."
"This jello salad is very good. It's festive for the holidays. I also added 2 bananas, sliced thin in with the pineapple and strawberries.."