Molasses Crackle Cookies
You can treat yourself to one or two of my crackle cookies without any pang of guilt. Most molasses cookies are loaded with butter and have way too much sugar, but not mine. You would never know these are so low in fat.— Jean L. Ecos, Hartland, Wisconsin
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in egg and
- molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and
- cloves; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Cover and
- refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in
- confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with
- cooking spray; flatten slightly. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 77 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium,