Molasses Crackle Cookies Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie: 77 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch
Reviews for Molasses Crackle Cookies
"One of the best cookies I have made in a long time. Easy to make. My family loves them very much and the kitchen swell's wonderful when baking. Great for Christmas."