- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMolasses Crackle Cookies
"Ran across this recipe looking for low sugar desserts for diabetic spouse. They were so good - enjoyed by all family members. Did not miss all that sugar ( in fact, reduced to 1/2 cup) and flavor enormous. Skipped confectioners ' sugar."