Mixed Green Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar plus 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and pepper flakes; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 110 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Mixed Green Salad
"Very fresh tasting salad. My family prefers homemade dressings to the store bought. I cubed the vegetables instead of slicing."