Mixed Green Salad Recipe
Garlic, basil and crushed red pepper flakes season the light vinaigrette that dresses this refreshing salad. A sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on top gives it even more flavor. -Jody Fisher Stewartstown, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar plus 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and pepper flakes; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 110 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC