Mixed Green Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar plus 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and pepper flakes; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomatoes and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 110 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Mixed Green Salad
"Very fresh tasting salad. My family prefers homemade dressings to the store bought. I cubed the vegetables instead of slicing."