Mini Corn Dogs Recipe
For fun flavor, try this snack of cornmeal dough around mini hot dogs with a tangy dipping sauce. —Geralyn Harrington, Floral Park, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 24 miniature hot dogs
- HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6-8 times or until smooth. Roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/4-in. biscuit cutter. Fold each dough circle over a hot dog and press edges to seal (dough will be sticky). Place on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. In an small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with corn dogs. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 328 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 897 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC