Mini Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 151 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Mini Banana Nut Bread
"My family enjoyed this recipe."
"I love this recipe. It is very tasty. I increased the ingredients accordingly for a 7" loaf pan and it is just as good."
"Double the recipe then."
"Is this recipe for one loaf??I need one for more than one.."