Mini Banana Nut Bread Recipe
“This recipe won several blue ribbons at our county and Nebraska State Fairs,” writes Anna Marie Moore from Aurora, Nebraska. “It’s especially wonderful with black walnuts.” TIP: Since this bread freezes so well, why not double the recipe and keep a loaf on hand for guests or a quick gift?
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 303 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Mini Banana Nut Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC