- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to a 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMini Banana Nut Bread
"My family enjoyed this recipe."
"I love this recipe. It is very tasty. I increased the ingredients accordingly for a 7" loaf pan and it is just as good."
"Double the recipe then."
"Is this recipe for one loaf??I need one for more than one.."